Saturday 4 December 2010

My family

Lana and Shivan - the tall kids on the right- with their cousins in Kurdistan this summer.

I have 3 children; my daughter Ashti is studying psychology at Glasgow and lives in a student flat there with 3 close friends.  Glasgow is far enough away for her to be independent and yet near enough to come home when she feels like. My twins, Lana and Shivan are 15 and go to the local high school 5 minutes walk away from the house.  Shivan has been playing chess since the age of 9, spending a lot of time practising and playing in competitions.  My partner Azad is Kurdish originally and came to the UK in the early 80's.  After working in industry for over 10 years, he now has a few businesses, including the Braveheart Guest House which is next to our house, and a travel website which is:   http://www.budgetscot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Vow, twins... It must have been hard when they were small. My sister-in-low has twins and she really had a hard time with them.

    ReplyDelete