Saturday 4 December 2010

A bit about myself


I live in the city centre of Edinburgh; Edinburgh's quite a small city with the advantage of being able to walk everywhere and also to get into the countryside very easily.  Many of my students have lived in London and other big cities and they always tell me that Edinburgh is "good for study"- which probably means it's pretty quiet without their communities around.  I work on the west side of the city and over the past couple of years have cycled to work.  I don't count myself one of the lycra "serious" cyclists but I cycle summer and winter.  My journey to work is along the tow path of the Edinburgh Glasgow canal and it feels like cycling in the countryside although you are in the city.
Below - the tow path which I cycle along every day.

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of our short visit to Edinburgh in 2001.You are one lucky person to live in such a beautiful city!
    DS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edinburgh is a lovely place and we want to visit in the summer, I know a guesthouse now where we might stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I feel the same about New Delhi- what an exciting, vibrant, amazing city. I have only seen it on TV or the movies but would love to visit India.

    ReplyDelete